Tim Donnelly's Principles
Candidate for California's 8th Congressional District
Secure Our Border
"A Nation without Borders is not a Nation"
— President Reagan
We need to end the illegal invasion of our country by doing the following:
- Fund and Finish the Wall
- Enforce Existing Immigration Law
- Penalize Sanctuary Cities
- Cut off all federal financial aid
- Throw Elected Officials in Jail for giving harbor and financial incentive to illegal aliens to remain in the country in violation of Federal Law
- End Birthright Citizenship
- Reform Legal immigration system:
- Make process easier for people from ‘Favored Nations’
- Ban immigration from terror-sponsoring nations
- Replace ‘Family-Re-unification’ to ‘American Interest’ as requirement to immigrate to the United States.
Tim Donnelly has a long history of fighting to secure our borders.
Defend 2nd Amendment
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
— 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, ratified December 15, 1791.
Those are 26 of the most powerful words in any language. 'Shall not be infringed' isn't ambiguous. It means the government does not have the right to take away a God-given, natural right. The operative phrase is this: '...being necessary to the security of a free state'. No explanation required. #2A is Freedom. Period.
For over a decade, I have been the strongest defender of #2A in California, who's ever held elected office. So much so that when I was running for Governor in 2014, I was featured in a documentary entitled: Targeted: Exposing the Gun Control Agenda.
I will never vote to infringe the God-given, Natural rights of law-abiding citizens to defend their lives and freedom from evildoers--whether they're deranged wanna-be mass-murderers or tyrants in our own government.Legislation I will support/co-author:
- 50-State CCW Reciprocity
- Support/Co-Sponsor (R-KY) Thomas Massie’s H.R. 3200, (Safe Students Act), to repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) of 1990.
Cut Tax Rates
"I will never vote for a tax or fee increase. I never have and I never will. Period."
— Tim Donnelly
Our taxes in California are among the highest in the nation, and neither the state nor the federal government are reducing spending.
Government should be forced to live on a balanced budget like the rest of us.
I will introduce/Co-sponsor a Balanced Budget Amendment every year I’m in Congress.
If they want to spend more, they’ve got to cut out something else. Tough choices that every one of us faces every month.
We need to cut spending, and reduce the size and scope of government— and then return the surplus to the taxpayers rather than allow government to spend it. That’s our money, not theirs!
Protect All Life
"I’m Pro-Life. 100%"
— Tim Donnelly
I believe life is a gift from God, and begins at conception. I believe that it is the duty of our government to protect all life. As your Representative, I will vote to defund Planned Parenthood, and will never give my vote to an Omnibus bill containing any funding for Planned Parenthood.
These are the bills/initiatives that I will proudly co-author:
- Life at Conception Act
- Parental Notification and Intervention Act
- Ending Taxpayer Funding of Abortion
- Ultrasound Informed Consent Act
- Sanctity of Life Act
- Heartbeat Protection Act
- Pain Capable Abortion Ban
Fight for Veterans
"We must keep our promises to those who’ve put their lives on the line for our freedom".
— Tim Donnelly
Veterans in California face the longest wait times to get their benefits, and currently an average of 22 veterans a day give up hope and take their own lives.
California’s 8th District is the 2nd largest military district in the country in terms of veterans and active duty personnel.
If elected, my office will be staffed with competent people who will fight to speed up the process for every veteran who contacts us, and every single veteran will be treated with the dignity and respect they deserve.
I will push for every reform to the VA and the system of care-delivery to our veterans to make sure we put our veterans first!
Stop Wasteful Spending
“That which governs least, governs best!”
— Henry David Thoreau in Civil Disobedience
Reduce the Government footprint: Use technology to eliminate as much government as possible.
If we can have robots and computers replacing people in private sector jobs, why not government jobs?
- Abolish the IRS and put tax collection role out for bid to private sector.
- Abolish the Department of Education (completely unneeded as there are duplicate agencies at the state and local level). Let parents and local school boards decide what's right for the children in their community.
- Abolish the Fed. There is no need for the Federal Reserve: It's simply a way for politicians to spend money without raising taxes in order to secure their re-election. We the people, the taxpayers, always get stuck paying for their unaccountable slush fund. This agency is over 100 years old, and is completely unnecessary (unless you're a corrupt politician or part of the 1% banker elitists).
Protect Free Speech
The 1st Amendment protects not only free speech, but the right to practice your religion, freedom of the press and the right to seek redress of your grievances from your government.
Currently there is a battle going on over whether or not to regulate the trifecta of companies—FaceBook, Google and Twitter—that make up the bulk of the digital public square. I believe that since they choose to operate in and have such dramatic impact over election outcomes and have the power (and the inclination) to censor political speech they don’t like, they must subject themselves to more public scrutiny and potential regulation.
Defund Common Core
We need to get the Federal Government out of the Education business. The Dept. of Education needs to be dismantled and abolished. Currently we invest heavily in failure and cut off funds from successful programs. Funding should be directed to states who implement reforms and get results—just like in the business world.
- Common Core needs to be completely eliminated.
- School Choice is the fastest way to reform. Competition breeds better results than any other method in almost every human endeavor.
Eliminate Voter Fraud
Voter Fraud is rampant in California. Mainly because the Democrats pass law after law after law to weaken the integrity of the system and eliminate all reasonable checks and balances.
The Federal Government provides funds to states when they conduct Federal Elections.
- I will introduce a bill to mandate every state receiving those funds to require Voter ID in every Federal Election.